Pangeanic is organizing the MT task as a part of the Covid-19 MLIA @ Eval. The goal is to organize a community evaluation effort aimed at accelerating the creation of resources and tools for improved MultiLingual Information Access (MLIA) in the current emergency situation
We invite you to participate in the MT task as a part of the Covid-19 MLIA @ Eval.
The goal is to organize a community evaluation effort aimed at accelerating the creation of resources and tools for improved Multilingual Information Access (MLIA) in the current emergency situation.
Covid-19 MLIA @ Eval adopts an incremental and iterative evaluation methodology to:
- enable the release of intermediate (but functional) resources, and
- move progressively (iteration-after-iteration) towards consolidated tools and resources.
We plan for three rounds, tentatively 1.5 month each.
Each round consists of the following phases:
- Data release
- Submission of participants’ runs
- Scoring of participants’ runs
- Trans writing of the rolling technical report
- Round wrap virtual meeting
An integral part of the Covid-19 MLIA @ Eval approach consists in sharing information and ideas among the participants. This will be made possible through both the rolling technical report where participants describe their solutions throughout the evaluation rounds and the virtual meetings held at the end of each round where participants present briefly the main highlights of what did/did not work and exchange with each other’s in order to share ideas and improve for the next round.
We offer tasks in the following language pairs: English->French, English->German, English->Greek, English->Italian, English->Spanish, and English->Swedish.
Registration for the tasks is open at: http://eval.covid19-mlia.eu/registration/
Important Dates – Round 1:
- Round starts: October 23, 2020
- Release of training data: October 23, 2020
- Release of test data: November 20, 2020
- Translations submission deadline: December 2, 2020
- Translations scored: December 4, 2020
- Rolling report submission deadline (preliminary version): December 23, 2020
- Rolling report submission deadline (camera ready): January 8, 2021
- Slot for a virtual meeting to discuss the results: January 12-14, 2021
- Round ends: January 15, 2021
More information at this link
Khalid Choukri, ELDA, France
Nicola Ferro, University of Padua, Italy
- Machine Translation
Francisco Casacuberta, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Miguel Domingo, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Mercedes García-Martínez, Pangeanic, Spain
Manuel Herranz, Pangeanic, Spain
Covid-19 MLIA @ Eval is an evaluation effort promoted by several communities which are closely working together.
We hope that other communities will join us in this shared effort. You are very welcome!
You can find additional information on our Website, click here
You can follow updates through our Twitter account: @covid19mlia
Any requests or comments? Drop us an email at: email@example.com