Pangeanic is currently developing an R+D project called “COR: FAST AND EFFICIENT TECHNICAL TRANSLATION MANAGEMENT”, having successfully overcome Milestone 1.
The overall objective of the project is the design and creation of advanced software for machine translation processes through the development of new theorems, algorithms, interfaces and applications that provide added value to professional users as well as the end client.
The objectives of the project are:
- Development of a machine translation platform with web 2.0 tools.
- Development of models that will allow the creation of translation engines without the need for extensive knowledge of natural language processing.
- Development of intelligent translation engines with Spanish as the source language translating into the main target languages of our economy / markets with greater purchasing power.
- Development of translation engines with automated customization according to the client’s needs (specific domains).
- Development of translation engines capable of processing big data in a variety of scenarios, thus creating data that can be analyzed and a service upon which other companies can conduct business and grow.
- Development of optimized processes for the training and re-training of the translation engines.
- Development of an environment that will enable centralized management of the necessary resources for the translation engines.
- Development of plug-ins that provide API access to other platforms, allowing for a very strong website expansion.
- Development of a model that will establish a payment metric for post-editing work.
- Development of a system that is modular, flexible and includes customizable BI (Business Intelligence) tools.
As a result of this development a marketable, multi-language publication system will be achieved, which both heeds traditional translation formats and responds to the new needs of multilingual publication, accelerating production processes and saving time and money for the client. This system will become part of the identifying trademark of the company’s technological development division in the field of machine translation, PangeaMT (Pangea Machine Translation).
The project is funded by the CDTI (Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology) and co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the INTELLIGENT GROWTH Multi-Regional Operational Program. The CDTI’s financial contribution to this project represents a partially re-payable grant of 85% of the project’s total budget.