If you deal with multilingual applications or several languages in the office (and we do!), for typing, desktop-publishing or any other purpose, you have perhaps already become stuck when you need to type foreign letters.
Traditionally, people have been able to buy physical keyboards for specialist applications over the Internet.
However, you can now quickly and easily define your own keyboard layout for a language Microsoft doesn’t officially support. You can also define your own keyboard layout to quickly enter your favorite glyphs or symbols with just a keystroke.
That is what the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator does. In short, you can:
- Create new keyboard layouts from scratch
- Base a new layout on an existing one
- Modify an existing keyboard layout and build a new layout from it
- Multilingual input locales within edit control fields
- Build keyboard layout DLLs for x86, x64, and IA64 platforms
- Package the resulting keyboard layouts for subsequent delivery and installation
Translation Services, Translation Technologies, Machine Translation