IP Legal Services for NEC TM EU project
August 31st, 2018
Pangeanic is currently asking for bids to help with the legal framework of its EU NEC TM project. Our firm is well-established and has built a solid reputation in the language technology field and provides a wide variety of translation services, data collection and language technology services to governments, institutions and commercial clients.
The legal services contract will become part of NEC TM’s solid framework in its Public Administration data sharing project and will facilitate the organisation of translation data assets (translation memories) which are currently held by contractors after the service is provided and not returned to the Public Administration with the translation service.
Bids are open to legal firms around the EU and EEA countries.
Responsibilities and Scope of the Contract:
- Establish a legal framework for the national implementation of NEC TM (as based on ActivaTM) in all Member States.
- Define the scope of IP for data in national translation contracts
- Establish general guidelines for Member States to incorporate translation memory collection as part of their legislation
- Define and establish a legal framework for data sharing from Member States Public Administrations to the EC’s central translation memory
You will need:
- A law degree and at least 2 years’ experience in the legal profession
- Sound knowledge of IP as related to translation memory ownership or the translation sector
- Use existing Open Data and Data Sharing agreements as a reference
- Familiarity with EC contracts and policies with regards to data collection initiatives
- Engage with existing initiatives that are establishing legal frameworks for translation memory and data collection for the EC
- Experience in mediation and negotiation with a confident and measured approach to conflict resolution
- Liaison with Pangeanic’s NEC TM team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including strong presentation skills
- Effective use of computer systems for the generation of professional reports, scheduling and client database management
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good organisational skills and capacity to be detail-oriented
- High level of integrity and professional accountability
This role represents a great opportunity within a dynamic, challenging and professional environment. If you are interested and meet the selection criteria, please send your offer the legal services contract and cover letter to Víctor Ignacio, email@example.com
Deadline: 31st October, 2018