French Translator Vacancy – Position Summary
We are looking for an excellent French Translator with competent language skills in his/her mother tongue and an excellent level of English for an in-house position in València. Professional proficiency in other languages will be highly appreciated.
- Native French speaker
- University degree in a relevant field
- Minimum one-year professional experience as a translator
- Personal interview and translation test will be an essential part of this job search
Essential skills required:
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Work independently, yet a team player with willingness to learn
- Provide quick and error-free translations
- Proofread and run quality control checks on external vendors’ translations
- Excellent organizational skills to liaise with Project Managers and meet deadlines
- Understand language projects life-cycle
- Good knowledge of CAT, TM text analysis, Wordcount, Terminology and QA tools
- Client service mentality
- Pro-actively predict any issues with documents and the lifespan of the projects
- Understand and comply with relevant ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 procedures
The selected candidate will be responsible for translating several types of documents for all the industries Pangeanic serves, from consumer electronics, software and software manuals, to collateral marketing materials and technical documentation from English to French. Translations from other languages into French would also be considered based on the candidate’s skills. After a training period, being able to independently carry out assigned tasks and work under pressure.
References from previous employers and clients will be highly appreciated. Applicants should send a copy of their latest CV, a covering letter, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pangeanic is a fast-paced, growing, innovative organization, with offices in Spain, UK, China, and Japan. We offer careers that suit a wide range of skill sets, educational backgrounds, and levels of experience, from translation services sales to translation technologies, translation and quality control, machine translation and translation project management. Pangeanic is part of EU research programs and has written academic articles on the application of machine translation to our field. We are currently part of the EXPERT Marie Curie project on machine translation hybrids. We develop applications that make the language industry an exciting industry to work for by offering value-added services. Due to our fast growth, Pangeanic aims to further develop our reliable services by attracting and retaining quality staff who identifies with our values of customer satisfaction and service, innovation, multiculturalism, and respect. Pangeanic promotes a healthy lifestyle by providing a non-smoking environment. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience to apply, as we do not discriminate on the basis of age. Pangeanic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.