This position has been covered.
French Translator – Position Summary:
We are looking for an excellent French Translator with competent language skills in his/her mother tongue and an excellent level of English. Knowledge of Spanish or any other language will be highly appreciated.
- Ability to provide quick and error free translations.
- Good knowledge of CAT tools and general interest in the translation industry.
- Client service mentality.
- Ability to work under pressure and provide results.
- Prior French to English translation experience a plus.
- Great attention to detail and passionate about the French Language. Team work oriented. Understanding of language projects life-cycle.
The French translator will be responsible for translating several types of documents for all the industries Pangeanic serves, from consumer electronics, software and software manuals, to collateral marketing materials and technical documentation from English to French and sometimes from Spanish into French. The right candidate should be able to understand the needs of the entire life-cycle of multiple translation projects in a fast-paced environment including:
- TM text analysis and wordcount
- be knowledgeable of terminology tools and translation QA tools
- efficiently predict the lifespan of all the stages of the project
- pro-actively predict any issues with documents
- liaise with Project Managers in order to meet deadlines
- grow and maintain excellent relationships with our existing global team of contract translators and proofreaders
- proofread and run quality control checks on external vendors’ translations
- prepare and maintain project documentation
- understand and comply with relevant ISO and EN15038 procedures and working procedures.
- perform quality checks at various stages of the translation process to ensure quality and accuracy
Essential skills and experience required:
- Native French speaker
- excellent written and verbal English skills
- excellent organizational and admin skills
- minimum 1 year professional experience as a translator/interpreter
- university degree in a relevant field
- attention to detail and ability to multitask
- ability to meet deadlines
- good problem solving and analytical skills
- after training period, being able to independently carry out assigned tasks and work under pressure
- used to working in a fast-paced, fast-growing environment
- proactive and problem solving attitude
- team player
Experience in translation and/or related fields will be a of vital advantage importance. References from previous employers and at least one client will also be highly appreciated. Applicants should send a copy of their latest CV and a covering letter FAO HH.RR Department email@example.com
Pangeanic is a fast paced, growing, innovative organization, with offices in Spain, UK, China and Japan. We offer careers that suit a wide range of skill sets, educational backgrounds and levels of experience, from translation services sales to translation technologies, translation and quality control, machine translation and translation project management. Pangeanic is part of EU research programs and has written academic articles on the application of machine translation to our field. We are currently part of the EXPERT Marie Curie project on machine translation hybrids. We develop applications that make the language industry an exciting industry to work for by offering value-added services. Due to our fast growth, Pangeanic aims to further develop or reliable services by attracting and retaining quality staff who identifies with our values of customer satisfaction and service, innovation, multiculturalism and respect. If you are interested in joining our team, please check our current full-time position and traineeship opportunities. Pangeanic aims to further develop by attracting and retaining quality staff who identify with our values of customer satisfaction and service, innovation, multiculturalism and respect. If you are interested in joining our team, please check our current full-time position and traineeship opportunities. Pangeanic promotes a healthy lifestyle by providing a non-smoking environment. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience to apply, as we do not discriminate on the basis of age. Pangeanic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.