Pangeanic has a vacancy open linked to a EU project. We are looking for a developer (DEV) with high programming skills. Applicants are welcome to start on the 1st June. Pangeanic is a fast growing company with a keen interest in machine translation developments.
Pangeanic (www.pangeanic.com) is looking for a developer to carry out work on the implementation and evaluation of a platform that will connect Public Administrations to existing machine translation servers. The developer will coordinate with other developers/partners of the project. The contract will start as soon as possible and lasts until 31th Dec 2018 when the EU project finishes.
- Ensure that the platform connects the clients to the MT servers and get it tested in real world scenarios with human users.
To reach these objectives, the following tasks and methodology should be taken into account:
- Definition of the platform specifications needed for the platform in collaboration with other partners of the project.
- The successful candidate is expected to interact with project partners during development.
- Platform prototypes (alfa and later beta versions).
- Analysis of their suitability in real application scenarios.
- Final evaluation of these prototypes in real scenarios (pilot test).
- Corrections and fixes needed on the platform that has been found in the pilot test.
- At the end of the project, the candidate will ensure the successful functioning of the platform (final version).
- Create connectors (plugins) for the platform
- All the communication between platform and the clients should comply with eSens (https://www.esens.eu/).
We are looking for an open-minded person that loves programming and is focused on quality and performance:
- Master or doctorate in IT, computer engineering or mathematics.
- World-class programming skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the state-of-the-art algorithms and methods related to data retrieving, data mining and string manipulation.
- (Optional) Knowledge of MT systems, preferably SMT and RBMT.
- Knowledge of typical languages, such as Python, Java and/or .Net.
- Knowledge of Linux-based server environment.
- Availability to work in an international environment.
- Good relationship and communication skills.
- All suitably qualified candidates irrespective of gender or nationality are welcome to apply as long as the following conditions are fulfilled:
- Applicants should have good knowledge of English, both written and oral, in order to be able to submit reports in English.
- (Optional) Applicants should (preferably) have basic command of the Spanish language.
Closing date: applications are welcome and the position is available until the position is filled. The position is open and available now, and the position can be filled anytime from today.
Annual salary: 33,000 Euros gross.
How to apply: send an e-mail to [email protected], specifying on the subject line “EU project 2017”.
Pangeanic is an innovation-driven translation company with a high research drive into private, self-customizable and secure machine translation (MT), software translation, post-editing and localization company which falls within the small and medium enterprise (SME) category. It provides cutting-edge MT services ranging from customized machine-translation developments, translation of Big Data, online translation of customer reviews and background MT for gisting, to machine-translation systems built for in-house use where data privacy is paramount, e.g. sensitive material, intelligence, etc. The company also offers multilingual processing technology consultancy and training. Pangeanic has a team of 8 translation consultants and development experts with long experience in the R&D of multilingual, automated, translation technologies, language development and its deployment in production environments, as well as 2 senior software developers focusing on scalable, web-service based machine translation architectures, user interfaces and deployment experiences.